Website Algonquin College
Reporting to the Controller, Campus Services, the incumbent is responsible for providing budgetary and financial support to the area through reporting, aiding in the preparation and entering of the annual budget submission, preparing and developing monthly management reports while ensuring the accuracy of financial records and compliance with accounting standards.
- Be responsible for Retail Services departmental invoice requests or seeking information that impacted their budget and require an invoice
- Asset Management and Contract Management
- Reconciles Retail Services the batches in POS system, compares consolidated and unconsolidated balances, verifies GL accounts between POS
- System and Workday System and investigates unexplained variances in GL with Finance.
- Adjust the Retail Services physical inventory count changes made by the resource
- Assists to prepare internal financial reports for tracking detailed capital project/operating expenses against budget
- Assists to draft and review operating procedures and supports regular audits to verify whether departments follow the established procedures.
- Supports Internal and External Audit (e.g. sales audit, cash handling audit, etc.)
- Facilitating benchmarking analysis of department financial and budgetary performance with projects where analysis is required
- Performs analyses in different systems (e.g. performance metrics, Level of Services, payroll analysis, etc.)
- Monitors status of contracts, moves forward with extension, close-out, or renewal of contracts, and completes purchasing requirements as per the finance guidelines
- Enters budget plan financial data and prepares budget analysis
- Be responsible for the department’s budget maintenance and accuracy by reviewing actual revenue and expense and apprising the management team of budgetary risk
- Coordinates equipment purchases and monitors the department asset inventory
- Updates Sales/Forecast Spreadsheet and runs relevant sales report for buyer/manager review
- Oversees payroll reporting and reimbursement through external funding agencies (CSEP, SEO, Canada Jobs, INTL Education Student Fund,
- etc.) for Retail and Print Services
- Prepares both scheduled and ad-hoc reports and working papers as required for both external and internal reporting requirements
- Ensures mid-year and year-end Retail Services inventory reports are generated and that the General Ledger and sub-ledger balance (e.g. prepares the journal entries to Finance, batch corrections, etc.)
- Responds to business processes and financial matters queries from Campus Services Management and the Finance Department.
- Adjusts quarterly projections to improve the reliability of projected expenses as directed
- Ensures that month end procedures are completed, batches from all areas of the Operation have been exported and all accounts balance
- Support internal Financial knowledge/skills training
- Coordinates and develops the quarterly projection and annual budget with the management team in alignment with the College budget principles to ensure the college’s financial targets are met.
- Internal Control and Process Improvement
- Processes and monitors Retail Services/Print Services part-time payroll by reviewing the schedule from Department Management and payroll system and ensuring that authorizations are correctly coded and charged to the appropriate accounts
- Investigates discrepancies of actuals or budget and makes necessary adjustments (e.g. journal entries, monthly or quarterly updates).
- Processes Accounts Receivable Billing for Sponsored Students & AR Collections for Retail Services
- Prepares daily, monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations
- Minimum three (5) years experience in financial environment i.e. managing budgets; providing financial variance reporting and analysis, monitoring financial records; and assisting with project management. Advanced mathematical skills required and administrative duties.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Minimum three (3) years Diploma in Business Administration Degree/Diploma majoring in an Accounting and/or Finance program of study
Company: Algonquin College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arnprior, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A