Website Algonquin College
Reporting to the Dean of the Faculty of Health, Public Safety and Community Studies, the Business Administrator is a member of the leadership team and supports the Dean through the development of multi-year operating and capital budgets by providing analysis and reporting relating to College budgets, enrolment/activity projections, retention initiatives, levels of staffing, contract administration, space requirements, and SWF’s to support the delivery of quality programs.
- The Business Administrator directly manages the Budget Officers within the Faculty of Health, Public Safety and Community Studies and provides leadership and direction in the effective financial and administrative operations of the School to support the delivery of the academic programs.
- The position ensures all business processes design initiatives and enhancements are executed following the continuously changing and demanding requirements of the clients of the Academic Area, college systems and Ministry requirements.
- The position provides leadership for the provision of budget tracking control and management of the administrative services
- Must possess decision-making skills to assess situations and make informative decisions in complex problem-solving situations on behalf of the Faculty.
- Minimum four (4) year Bachelor Degree in Business Administration with a strong focus in accounting.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience can meet educational requirements.
- Project management skills; ability to interpret/apply policies, procedures and systems
- Ability to negotiate, use good judgment in decision making, handle pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Must possess a CPA designation (CGA/CMA/CA);
- Ability to apply conflict resolution techniques in a business setting
- Understand and apply General Business principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAPP).
- Nine (9) years of progressively responsible experience including experience with large organizational financial, budget, HR and accounting systems
- Knowledge of lean process improvement approaches
- Coaching/management skills necessary to support small teams, including performance management skills/experience
- Strong leadership, supervisory and management skills to oversee the full scope of responsibility
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including the ongoing requirements to make recommendations and prepare reports.
- Strong capability in financial analysis and ability to communicate financial concepts and models, including their impact on academic operations;
- Strong relationship building skills to deal with all levels of College operations
- Must understand client centered customer service skills and be able to apply them;
Company: Algonquin College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Arnprior, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A