Website Algonquin College
The Academic Chair is accountable for the planning, development, delivery, quality assurance and financial viability of the post-secondary education programs of the Department. The Academic Chair provides broad academic leadership in curriculum development, design and evaluation, applied scholarship, and experiential learning to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- A culture of learning and development, with opportunities for multiple career paths and professional growth leveraging Algonquin College’s
- Centre for Organizational Learning and tuition support opportunities to take college courses.
- A Full-time Administrative position, with a generous benefits, vacation, and defined benefits pension plan;
- An opportunity to work onsite in a vibrant campus community in the heart of Ottawa, helping to transform hopes and dreams into lifelong success;
- Demonstrable understanding of student engagement for the purpose of achieving student success
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that make you a leader who can articulate an academic vision and execute on plans;
- Demonstrated management style which nurtures individual initiative and creativity, within the context of organizational goals;
- Demonstrated understanding of the value and practice of applied research
- Demonstrated experience managing personnel in a unionized environment;
- Demonstrated ability to engage the external stakeholders and develop partnership linkages.
- Demonstrated superior organizational, planning and financial management skills;
- Excellent group facilitation and conflict resolution skills;
- Minimum Masters Degree in Business, or related field;
- Demonstrated background in education/training through either prior teaching, curriculum development and/or educational consultancy;
- Minimum of nine (9) years related experience in increasingly responsible roles, including a minimum of 2 years spent in a supervisory/management role;
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to teaching excellence and quality education preferably within an applied post-secondary environment
Company: Algonquin College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Petawawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A