Website Air Canada
The Manager of the IT Operations Centre team is responsible for developing, leading, and motivating a high performing team of IT professionals to reduce the impact of IT incidents and enhance the level of service of Air Canada’s IT Operations and Business Services. As Canada’s biggest airline, we are transforming the way we serve our customers, and this exciting role is essential in the way the company delivers its services.
- Develop a performance measurement framework and facilitate a feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered
- Responsible for maintaining a coverage critical work schedule for Operations center staff.
- Develop a multi-year strategy for IT Operations that supports Air Canada’s goals of becoming a top 10 airline
- Work with Air Canada’s technology vendors to reduce downtime for IT services.
- Maintain good relationships and liaison with other IT and Business departments within Air Canada.
- Manage and transform an IT Operations Center to operationally support all of Air Canada’s IT environments by ensuring our systems are safe, secure, and reliable
- Lead and develop junior and senior staff members skills via coaching, training, performance management and one-on-one conversations
- Staff a 24×7 team of energized professionals who are self-driven, motivated, and engaged to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Manage day-to-day operations in a Network Operations Centre style environment
- Manage a team that is an escalation point for service desk and the front lines for IT incidents consisting of multi-tier analysts with varied backgrounds in IT
- Create and optimize process for responding to datacenter infrastructure, network and application technical alerts and incidents.
- Thorough knowledge of end-to-end application and service delivery architecture
- Good understanding of continuous improvement processes.
- Thorough knowledge of IT operations to include a good knowledge of IT best practices, industry trends and customer service.
- 5 years’ experience in working with complex high-pressure environments such as a NOC or SOC
- Demonstrable evidence of influencing positive change within a service environment.
- Ability to lead teams effectively both through structured coaching and delivering by example.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure and hands-on experience with ITIL and ITSM frameworks including organizations that manage operations to defined service levels.
- 7 years progressive experience in the Information Service Industry.
- University Degree or Diploma in a technical discipline or equivalent.
- 5 years of management experience in a Service Delivery environment.
Company: Air Canada
Job Category: Airline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A