Assisting in preparation of deliverables and products such as presentation materials, calculations, drawings, specifications, selections, and cost estimates related to heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) and plumbing systems for commercial, institutional, and light industrial facilities.
- Performing construction administration duties, such as shop drawing review, RFI response, construction inspection, and respond to client questions.
- Working with engineers in making technical mechanical decisions based on building code interpretation and company standard practice.
- Performing field investigation for incorporating existing conditions into construction documents.
- Applying standard practices and techniques in specific situations. Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Working within a project team environment and possessing good presentation and client interface skills.
- Coordinating work with other project disciplines.
- Familiarity with ISO quality management systems.
- Experience delivering industrial, institutional, transportation, and or water/wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and registered (or be eligible for immediate registration) as an Engineer-in-Training in British Columbia
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- 2+ years’ experience (ideally with an engineering firm) designing HVAC and plumbing for commercial, institutional, and light industrial facilities.
- Experience with Building Energy Modeling and their software platforms (IES, eQuest, Energy Plus, HOT2000, RETScreen, etc.) would be considered an asset
- Experience working within internal multidisciplinary teams
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A