AECOM is seeking a Geotechnical Lead – Water/Tailings & Dams to be based in any of our business locations throughout Canada.
- Direct and/or manage large, complex, and/or multidisciplinary projects according to client-approved scopes
- Manage quality control and risks during geotechnical investigations and design work including critical reviews of results.
- Lead a team of geotechnical engineers, supporting owners to verify that the designs for water/tailings and, dams are safe and are prepared in accordance with the applicable regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Direct and manage water/tailings and dams projects in the role of geotechnical design lead.
- Direct and review geotechnical analyses in the role of Engineer of Record with a focus on geotechnical engineering.
- Perform dam safety reviews in accordance with applicable regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Strong business development skills.
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering with a preference for 15+ years of geotechnical engineering experience in geotechnical design, construction, performance analysis, and operations of dams in Canada or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education.
- Strong safety behavior.
- Strong communication skills including proposal and report writing skills.
- A professional engineer designation in Canada.
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A