Located in the Témiscamingue surrounding areas, reporting to the Service Manager, you will act as a field service representative providing on-site and remote services to customers. You will work with other ABB field service personnel in Quebec and Ontario, with an extended network of professionals within Canada, North America and globally.
- Consult with and advise customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures, and safety guidelines for QCS equipment and the associated paper production process.
- Participate in the on-call technical support rotation for our 24 x 7 emergency service for QCS equipment within the Canadian network.
- Provide resident on-site maintenance services, Monday to Friday, during core business hours and emergency response after hours with 2 hours on-site response time.
- Act as the key point of contact for customer QCS technical service requests for assigned customer(s) to help them achieve their productivity and quality targets.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process problems, provide recommendations and implement solutions to eliminate root causes.
- Execute scheduled tasks in the maintenance program for assigned site(s).
- Experience with installation and maintenance of industrial automation systems, including PLCs and/or DCS (Distributed Control Systems).
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs, strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- College Diploma (DEC) in instrumentation and control technology or related studies.
- Experience with the maintenance and installation of Quality Control Systems (QCS) used in paper industry as well as laboratory methods for the measurement of paper properties are a definite asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A